Weight Loss

Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, June 13, 2011

Co-workers. The good, the bad and the well not so pretty...

   I work with a pretty close group of people. I invited all of them to "My Last Supper" this Thursday, of course I hadn't told some of them about the surgery so the Last Supper invite brought up some questions... First one was "What surgery are you having?" easy enough to answer right? The only way I could explain it was that they are cutting out most of my stomach to help with weight loss. I heard lots of "your not that big" "you could exercise with me" "we can go on a diet together" and even some humorous emails about how women with curves are beautiful. I have to admit the comments about how "your not that big" are annoying and nice all at the same time. I mean what girl doesn't like hearing that she's not fat! BUT I know how big I am and I know that I'm Morbidly Obese. I know I'm a big girl and I've come to terms with this I wish others would.

   Now for the other comments I want to say "do you think I haven't tried that?" It's not like surgery was the first thing I jumped to when my Atkins diet didn't work or I wasn't losing when I was working out. I have a few friends that have told me that they are jealous as hell, to them I let them know that maybe they should explore their options because I have known them long enough to know that they have struggled with their weight for a long time and they have also tried nearly everything. I don't think that surgery is the answer for everyone but it is something that people should know about and not be ashamed about! I'm happy that I'm making this decision I want to be healthy I won't lie I will like weighing less and having a smaller size cloths but mostly I will like that I can walk up stairs without getting winded or be able to fit my but into seats without trying to wedge it in there, and being scared I'm going to break something when I sit on it! For all the food I'm giving up I'm gaining years in life and a more active life at that!

So The Cliff Notes to this post: Don't give a sh*t what other people say, Keep your friends who want to support you close, Be proud of the decisions you have made and Regret Nothing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment