Weight Loss

Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pre-op Cleaning out my Kitchen

So something I didn't think about when I was counting down the days to my surgery is how much non-post op food is still sitting in my kitchen. There was ALOT so last night around 2200 I thought I should clean out the cupboards at least. I have sooo much food that I'm not going to be able to eat in another 4 days! So when you are looking to cleanse your kitchen here are my ideas and what I have done with all that non-friendly food.
*Donated my non-perishables to the food bank.
*Donated my chocolate/snack food and stuff to the break room at work.
*Gave any food that I thought my brother would eat to his kitchen.
*I'm also guilty of tossing some stuff but it was mostly expired and condiments in my defense.

I think it's important to get rid of all these temptations because when I start my pre-op diet in 4 days I don't want to get myself in trouble by just having these things in the house. I know from experience that the first few days of the pre-op diet are rough.

So today I stocked my kitchen with all the things I CAN have on my pre-op diet here was my grocery list
1% Milk
Non-fat No-Sugar Pudding (vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, cheesecake, banana)
Sugar Free Jello (strawberry, cherry, lime, lemon)
Protein Shake Powder (vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream)
PB2 (powdered peanut putter)
Chicken Broth Cubes
Reduced Fat Broccoli and Cheese soup (this will have to be thinned post op)
Apple Juice (to be diluted)
and a Brand new magic bullet like blender mine is GE got it from Walmart for $20
Two Shaker cups

Also bought a new Diet/Exercise journal to start on Friday (Day 1 of pre-op diet)

Getting excited 14 Days left till I say goodbye to most of my stomach....

No comments:

Post a Comment