Weight Loss

Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Post Op Day 3

Three days after the surgery and I still don't really feel like it's real... My Post op Diet is exactly the same as my Pre op 10 day day so nothing much has changed there. With the exception that I can no longer "chug" some of the nastier tasting protein drinks in order to just get them down. But I knew that going in and all I've done is sip sip sip. Which scares me a little because I don't know how I'm going to get in 80gm of Protein and 48oz of water when all I can do is sip. I might have to make one of those helmets with two water bottles so i can just sip all day hands free while I'm at work.

Some challenges... Turns out Carnation Instant Breakfast No Sugar Added is a little to rich for my tummy right now and it pretty much is in and out within a half hour. Which sucks because I actually liked the taste of that one. I did order some Syntrax Strawberry Mousse that will hopefully be delivered by tomorrow or Saturday so I will have something to drink that I can actually sip without making a face.

Tomato soup has been good but I would be lying if I said it wasn't getting a little old. I can't wait to move onto the next phase of the diet which should be next Wednesday when I have my first post op appt with my surgeon.

My Mom came down to take care of me and my dog after the surgery since he's kinda big (95lbs) and isn't always the best listener. It's weird to have her eat in front of me and not really care about what she is eating I'm not saying that it doesn't look or smell good but I have yet to have my stomach growl at me which is really weird considering what I have been eating for the last 4 days. Which is pretty much nothing at all I'm trying hard to get the protein in, but it's really really hard.

Other than wishing that I could just chew on something today I feel no real hunger, my stomach is sore but not where the incisions are it's on the inside I've taken some gas x baby drops because I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and walked walked walked.

I can't wait till my manta is chew chew chew!

No comments:

Post a Comment